Re: Render Text to Pixbuf

On 4/30/07, Paul Davis <pjdavis engineering uiowa edu> wrote:
John,

Thanks for the code.  I managed to get a C++ version working.

Although, as I was worried, its slower than molasses.  The basic flow
is more or less like this:

Copy pixbuf to pixmap
render text on top of pixmap
Create temporary pixbuf from pixmap
copy from pixbuf back to original pixbuf.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this faster, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Paul Davis

just an idea...  Could you use the Gdk::Pixbuf::get_pixels(),
get_rowstride(), get_width(), get_height() functions and use this raw
data to create a cairo surface using this data with
Cairo::Surface::create (unsigned char *data, Format format, int width,
int height, int stride) (or if you're using plain cairo, then you'd
use cairo_image_surface_create_for_data())?  Then you could just draw
on it as you would any other cairo surface...  Would that work?  would
It be faster?  I don't know.

--
jonner