Re: maemomm TextView doesn't allocate default buffer (not wrapped)

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 21:33 -0400, VLG wrote:
> Murray, Johannes,
>
> I installed both hildon-fmmm-dev and hildon-libsmm-dev in my Scratchbox
> 1.0.7 SDK_X86 and tried to port an application of mine to nokia 800.
>
> Thanks for the slick manual[1] and reference[2] and .deb packages of
> much reduced size.
>
> 1) One typo I ran into Ch.3 'Installation' from Prebuilt Packages is the
> command to install both packages:
>
> $ fakeroot apt-get install libhildon-libsmm-dev libhildon-fmmm-dev
>
> should rather be
>
> $ fakeroot apt-get install hildon-libsmm-dev hildon-fmmm-dev

Thanks. I'll check that.

> 2) The other thing so far is the Gtk::TextView - it looks like something
> is wrong with the TextView not getting allocated the default TextBuffer.
> The attached examples illustrate the problem. If executed in the
> scratchbox, they would produce the following results:
>
> [sbox-SDK_X86] > textview-bad
>
> textview-bad[11900]: GLIB WARNING ** glibmm - failed to wrap type of
> 'GtkTextBuffer'
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Thanks for the testing. We need to check that this is a problem in
Maemo's version of GTK+. Could you try to create a C test case that
shows the same problem?

If that has the same problem then we can file a Maemo GTK+ bug. And we
can work around it if necessary in Maemo's gtkmm. You can also work
around it if necessary in your application by adding a buffer.

We should decide wher to file Maemo gtkmm bugs, I guess.

www.openismus.com