Re: Gtk::ListViewText

On 3/8/07, jhs3jap leeds ac uk <jhs3jap leeds ac uk> wrote:
I am currently doing my final year project at Uni and am using gtkmm 2.4. I have
been using your documentation to aid me and came across the Gtk::ListViewText.

After completing the coding for the object, I tried to compile and discovered
that I don't have listviewtext.h in my gtkmm folder for some reason. I am using
SuSe 10 and installed gtkmm 2.4 using Yast, have you got any idea why the
header file isn't there?

Is there any way of getting it on my computer as I would really like to use a
listviewtext object in my GUI.

Thanks in advance

Jennifer Poole

Hi Jennifer,
ListViewText was added in gtkmm version 2.10 (note that the 2.4 number
that you referred to earlier is the API version, not the release
version, so you most likely have gtkmm-2.4 version 2.8.x installed).
To use the ListViewText widget, you'll need to update gtkmm to version
2.10.x.  ListViewText is only a simple wrapper around the existing
treeview classes, however, so if you can't update your version of
gtkmm, you can still accomplish everything by using the more general
classes (e.g. TreeView & ListStore).

--
jonner