window get_size not correct

Hiya there,

Im currently encountering a problem with retrieving the size of a window. I have a window with no set_size_request set and a drawingarea on it (and some other widgets). I do a set_size_request on the drawingarea and the whole window resizes this is correct. But now i want to retrieve the size of the window I get a wrong value. I do a set_size_request on the drawing area (800x800) and then the get_size on the window(returns 265,20).

Why doesnt the window returns its actual size?

greetings,

Roy vd Korput