Re: One instance with a twist

Yeah I've already searched a bit about dbus, and I found out, Murray isn't really developing the C++/Glibmm bindings for dbus.

I probably need to use the C version though.

Thanks anyway :)

2007/7/12, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma gmail com>:
On 7/12/07, Lucas van Dijk <luckyluke56 gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm creating a program, and I want the following feature, but I have no idea
> how to implent it:
>
> When my program is running, and someone calls from the commandline this:
> > myprogram afile.txt
> >
> Usually, a new instance of the program would start, but I want to do
> something with the command line arguments, and use that argument in an
> existing instance. (Like adding a new Tab to a notebook, for file editting,
> instead of a new window)
>
> Does anybody know how I can do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

You'd have to do some sort of inter-process communication.  One
potential solution may be to use the 'Unique' library
(http://log.emmanuelebassi.net/archives/2007/07/take-it-or-leave-it/ ).
Otherwise you'll probably want to look into dbus or somethign
similar.  I don't have any more detailed advice.

--
jonner

--
Lucas