Thread::Error problem

Hi all,

i have some problem with memory and threads.. I creates thread
dynamically and if i over 378 threads i got this error:

GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 367 (): error 'Cannot
allocate memory' during 'pthread_create'
aborting...

I use Glib::Thread::create in try block, and of course
GLIBMM_EXCEPTIONS_ENABLED is defined but i can't catch the error :( It
doesn't matter what i have in catch (...) or (Glib::Error& e) or
(Glib::ThreadError& e), program simple crash with this line in output.

So can I catch this memory problem ?? Can i state how much threads or
memory can i use ?? Can i increase it ?? I found some memory functions
in glib, but I'm not sure if they solve my problems. That's no problem
if 367 threads are maximum, but i need some functions (or macros) which
can tell me what state is on computer (platform), cause i work on
program, which primary will works on windows and eventually on Linux.

thanks a lot for your tips

--
Ondrej Tuma

Unix-like system is the best operation system from the top of the world.
I'm lucky BSD and linux user. :) Use unix-like, be free. :)

www.blackmouse.biz       www.radioakropolis.cz            hash.webjet.cz
ICQ: 107760454          JABBER: mcbig jabber cz   MSN: ondra tu atlas cz