Re: Making the mouse pointer invisible

Hello,

There is a theme here for this purpose: "http://projects.o-hand.com/matchbox/sources/utils/xcursor-transparent-theme-${PV}.tar.gz"; (PV: Project version).

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joaquim Duran

En/na Naveen Verma ha escrit:
Hi,

I was trying to make a small test program to disable the mouse cursor, and it seems I can change the cursor to different types except making it disable.

Please do let me know if anyone else manage to make it?

-Br
Naveen

On 7/6/07, *Bartosz Kostrzewa* <zoombat runbox com <mailto:zoombat runbox com>> wrote:

    SaiKamesh Rathinasabapathy wrote:
     > Hi,
     >
     > I am creating a desktop application in c++. I am using gtkmm to
    create
     > user interfaces. This application is going to be deployed in touch
     > screen. So the mouse pointer should be disabled through out the
     > application. I am using Gtk::Window to create screens. please give me
     > some ideas to do this.

    http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGdk_1_1Window.html#bb73b1f599ce6cb72d2e184c63610fd0

    you need to create a pixmap without pixels and use
    gdk_cursor_new_from_pixmap() ( in the C library, i belive it's not been
    ported to gdkmm, so you'll need to use Cursor (GdkCursor* gobject, bool
    make_a_copy=true) to create the actual object ) to create an empty
    cursor and then use set_cursor( cursor ) to assign it to the window (in
    your case the top-level)

    There is however also   Cursor (const Glib::RefPtr<Display>& display,
    const Glib::RefPtr<Pixbuf>& pixbuf, int x, int y)  but I'm not sure
    whether that will produce an empty cursor with an empty pixbuf.

    -Bartek