Fw: Fw: TreeModel and TreeView

----- Original Message ----
From: Andrew E. Makeev <andrew solvo ru>
To: Trigve Siver <trigves yahoo com>
Cc: gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 4:09:54 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: TreeModel and TreeView

>В Пнд, 29/01/2007 в 06:26 -0800, Trigve Siver пишет:
>> Thanks for reply, Andrew
>>

>>         >I would recommend you to use separate thread to open DB
>>         connection and
>>         >load data, and just notify model that it's content changed.
>>         I've used
>>         >Glib::Dispatcher.
>>
>>         >Also, I've used custom cellrenderer to optimize drawing only
>>         for my own
>>         >needs.
>>
>> By loading data do you mean to load the whole table from DB? Because I
>> don't want to load the whole table...only records that need to be
>> displayed...
>>

>no, I meant load only as much data as you need at the moment.
>
>-andrew
Ok, but as I wrote you, my problem is with

virtual void get_value_vfunc (const iterator& iter, int column, Glib::ValueBase& value) const

1) Is this only function that get value from model?
2) When is this function called?
3) Which class call this function?
4) Why is this function being called _number_of_row_ times even if only one row is visible?

thanks

Trigve

Need Mail bonding?