GTKmm for research/commercial use

Hi,

My name is Riccardo Lucchese. I'm a student at the Università degli Studi di Padova in Italy. We are projecting the development of a new software for humanoid robots movements design.

I'have got a very briefe question: we want to close our source for competitive reasons and then sell it to support our laboratory; I have read the LGPL license but still something is not clear: at the moment I very basically inherit, for example, GTK::Window to create a customized window for my application, don't a brake the license if i close the source[as my derived class is actually a GTKmm class with some tunes]?

I thank you very much for you work,
hope to hear soon from you,

Sincerely yours,

Riccardo Lucchese.