Re: Glib::Dispatcher1<T>

Am Freitag, den 19.01.2007, 09:33 +0100 schrieb Murray Cumming:
> That's fine with me. trunk/HEAD is already for a future glibmm 2.13, so
> it can be checked into there.
>
> Would this deprecate the existing Dispatcher? I guess that it should.

Hmm, I'm not so sure.  It probably makes sense to introduce

        namespace Glib { typedef Dispatcher Dispatcher0; }

for consistency.  It does not have to be a template, as there is no
return value.  But it seems a bit over the top to deprecate an entire
class just because of a tiny naming difference.  Also, if we could break
API, there would only be a single template class Dispatcher<T = void>.
That is, without the 0/1 suffix.

Given this, I think we should just leave it as is and deprecate the
Dispatcher1 name at the next API/ABI break instead.

--Daniel