Re: Any known examples of using intltool with SCons?

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 10:51 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:

> > had i noticed or seen the original email, i would have pointed out that
> > Ardour (http://ardour.org/) uses both intltool and SCons. i did have to
> > write some new SCons functions, but it was fairly easy (its python!) and
> > anyone can use them now.

Thanks for posting this pointer, it is really great to see a real
example of a GTK build with SCons.

Unfortunately, it has, for me, re-emphasized that SCons is missing the
higher-level superstructure to make describing builds such as this easy
and simple.  I am a fan of build systems using a programming language
(e.g. Gant, SCons, Waf, Rant, etc.) but it remains the case that
Autotools has most of the required superstructure already and it is not
really appearing for SCons quickly enough.  Waf is perhaps further along
than SCons.

> oops, i lied. we use msgfmt and friends, not intltool. sorry.

I think I must have done the same decision making as you as some point
in the past as I am using msgfmt directly and not intltool for SCons and
Rant builds.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                +44 20 7585 2200