Re: Feature request: GType name without "gtkmm__CustomObject_"

Daniel Elstner wrote:
> A leading digit is not valid in a GType name.  At the very least, an
> underscore prefix should be used.  Actually, this holds true for the
> Glib::Object case as well, so we'd better not drop the prefix altogether
> there too.  Seeing that mangling creates obscure names anyway, the

Then the current type name construction scheme should probably not be
touched (if there's no other way, maybe it could be solved in a (future)
gtkmm binding for glade, which extends the classes name from the catalog
accordingly)

How about the other idea of letting a derived class decide if its
typename should be expanded/mangled or not?

  --o
--
Oliver Nittka
ESEM Grünau GmbH & Co. KG