Re: Any known examples of using intltool with SCons?

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 12:41 +0100, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> I am using the SCons build system for my gtkmm app, and I am now fixing
> i18n support for it. Since I make heavy use of Glade, I need intltool.
>
> There seems, however, to be very little information on how to use
> intltool with SCons, and I am wondering if anyone on this list knows of
> any examples/projects that uses SCons and intltool?
>
> Should I try some other list perhaps? If yes, what would be a good one?

The SCons user list might be the best place :-)

	users scons tigris org

The whole "what are the bits in SCons to make it a replacement for
Autotools" debate often causes heated exchanges on the list and the
whole issue is generally ignored by the SCons developers -- so much so
that a fork was made some time ago that has since evolved into Waf.  I
quite like both SCons and Waf, they are far nicer to use that Autotools
but the infrastructure is still sparse for GTKmm programs.   A number of
people have tried to get suitable support into SCons but the developers
generally ignore the work saying "put in on the wiki as examples" when
in fact it should be put into the standard infrastructure.  Waf on the
other hand is trying to get all this infrastructure in place but it has
other issues.
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                +44 20 7585 2200