Override default screen_changed Window function ?

Hi! Yesterday i started with C++, and today I'm into GTKMM. I came from
Python and PyGTK. =)

well what i'm trying to do... (becouse i need to...) is overriding the
default screen_changed window function, but the problem is that i can't find
how to do it. so, bassicaly, this here is the "python way" which worked for
me:

First i defined a method inside my widget class which inherited from
gtk.DrawingArea for this particular case. (Gtk::DrawingArea in C++)

class MyWidget(gtk.DrawingArea):
    def screen_changed(self, widget, old_screen=None):
        ... whatever you want to do goes here....
    ..(rest of the class)...

after having that done. in main() method, i create the window and the widget
and everything else, and before showing the window, this is what i wrote:

    # Override default screen-changed Window function.
       window.connect("screen-changed", mywidget.screen_changed)
       mywidget.screen_changed(window)

and that worked like a charm!!!! but i want to do that in C++, then.... how
should i do that? please,, i can't find how to in the reference.

Thanks!!!