Re: Writing my own Make file

On 2/24/07, Jamiil Abduqadir <jalqadir gmail com> wrote:
This is not really a question about gnu-make, but how to get gtkmm work with
gnu-make.
 I am adding a variable called CFLAGS that will take the gtkmm-2.4 --cflags
as its parameter and a LIBS variable that will take the gtkmm-2.4 --libs.
 How do I do this? will the below example work?

 CFLAGS= -Wall -g `gtkmm-2.4 --cflags` -ansi
 LIBS = `gtkmm-config --libs`

 Thanks in advance

Jamiil,

gtkmm-config is old.  Really old.

You'll want to use pkg-config which is fairly similar

CFLAGS=-Wall -g -ansi `pkg-config --cflags gtkmm-2.4`
LIBS=`pkg-config --libs gtkmm-2.4`

Alternatively I think you can do:

CFLAGS=-Wall -g -ansi $(pkg-config --cflags gtkmm-2.4)

To have make substitute the command instead of passing the backtick
expression to the shell.

And on a side note I'll evangelize SCons which I prefer over make.

HTH,
Paul Davis