Re: To Murray

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 10:22 +0100, Matis wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Gtkmm is really great thing, it has almost all things ported form gtk+,
> and when new gtk+ version is coming we also get new gtkmm.
>
> I was wondering recently why You (Murray) do this? I suppose that this
> is not easy and quick work, porting all that stuff. Do You have any
> profits from this? If not than I really admire Your work for free
> software :)
>
> And I'm also curious how many people is now active developers of gtkmm?
>
> Hurray for Murray :D
> And for all gtkmm developers.
>
> P. S.
> Sorry for this spam but I really admire this work.

Thanks. But it's not just me.

To answer your question, people do it for various reasons, such as for
fun and profit and out of necessity.

Some people work because they need bugs to be fixed or they need new
features. Some people pay other people (such as Openismus, my company)
to do that work. This is normal with software - it's just easier to do
the work if the source is open.

www.openismus.com