Re: maemomm for Scirocco - "assertion failed" for uimanager

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 16:59 -0500, Matthias Heuk�er wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I finally managed to build hildon-fmmm and hildon-libsmm (0.9.1) in scratchbox
> for Maemo Scirocco by uncommenting everything that refers to Bora-specific
> things.
> I was able to compile the first few sample applications in the
> "maemomm-documentation" package and the programs run without problems. When I
> try to run the sample in the "uimanager" directory I get the following error
> message, though:
>
> [sbox-SDK_PC: ~/maemomm-documentation-0.9.1/examples/uimanager] >
> run-standalone.sh ./example
> example[10268]: GLIB ERROR ** glibmm - file error.cc: line 168 (static
> std::auto_ptr<Glib::Error> Glib::Error::throw_exception(GError*)): assertion
> failed: (gobject != 0)
> aborting...
> /usr/bin/run-standalone.sh: line 11: 10268 Aborted                 (core
> dumped) $*
>
> Building the program with -O0 did not help.
> Does anybody have an idea what could cause this error?

I guess you are using the libsigc++, glibmm and gtkmm packages from
Maemo "mistral" (2.0) for Maemo "scirocco" (2.1). It's very possible
that they need to be updated from the latest source packages. I remember
that Johannes Schmid made an important fix for UIManager for Maemo.

www.openismus.com