Re: Some "reparented" widgets not shown immediately

Luca,

This isn't much of an answer, but have you tried something like:

widget->hide() ;
reparent( widget ) ;
widget->show() ;

Are you drawing these widgets in separate windows in glade to actually
have them viewable in those windows or are you just using windows to
store the widget setup and then retrieving those widgets for display
exclusively in your HPane?

If the later, you can specify a widget name like:
Gnome::Glade::Xml::create( filename, widget_name )

Which starts the widget tree creation from that widget, thus the
widget is not initially contained in a window which should
theoretically fix things although it doesn't provide a reason for why
this is happening.

Paul