Autoconf/Automake needs

I've talked to Jonathon Jongsma and he told me the appropriate place to copy the plugins into would be @prefix@/lib/myprogname, where @prefix@ is an autotools
defined variable , usually /usr or /usr/local. So in make Makefile I could put this under section 'install:'.

I asked him how could my program could find the modules if the user has run 'make', but not 'make install'. He told me that most programmers make the program to check at the local dir, then at the
@prefix@/lib/myprogname.

The same logic would happen to the .glade file (for libglademm projects). It could be copied to
@prefix@/share/myprogname.

Thanks, Jonathon!
Arthur

PS.: To generate the modules with autotools, I've embbeded bash script into the Makefile.am of the plugins directory, so it is fully copied into the Makefile. If anyone interests in it, please contact me.