generating Gtk::CellRendererText "on_edited" signal

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the use of Gtk::CellRendererText. I would
like to be able to process the text on otehr events besides pressing
of Enter, so I just called:
TreeView::set_cursor() with false as its last argument which caused
the cell to be deactivated and that in turn generated an "on_edited"
signal which I could then process. But this trick no longer works with
the recent GTK version.

So the question is how else can I cause an "on_edited" signal to be generated?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Alex