TreeView without a selection when rendered

Whenever I put a TreeView on a window, it appears with the top row selected. I would like it to appear initially with no rows selected, but still allow the user to make selections later.

I've tried get_selection()->unselect_all() in both on_realize and on_show, but it doesn't work. I'm guessing whatever does the initial selection happens after those events.

Is there a different event I can sneak in after to do this?

More generally, a related question: it seems there are many steps in rendering a widget: on_map, on_realize, on_show, etc. Is there a definitive list of what all these events are, and in what order they happen?