Re: help using Glib::ustring

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 20:48 +0000, Chris Vine wrote:
[snip]
> *i = i->uppercase() would work but be completely bizarre as the function
> returns what you say is a global object, so what's the point?

Sigh.

Actually that won't work either, for the reason that as I have mentioned
Glib::ustring_Iterator<T>::operator*() returns a gunichar object
equating to wide character representation of the UTF-8 character at that
position in the string, and not the string itself.

s = s.uppercase() would work if 's' were not const.

Chris