About buffering Cairo drawings

My application shows a "live" plot that is updating several times per
second. Previously it was made with the use of Gdk::Gc drawings on
a DrawingArea widget. All plotted lines and text were simultaniously
rendered with the use of invalidate_rect(..) method, and so there was
no blinking.
Gdk::Gc API is now deprecated so I have rewritten everything with
the use of Cairo API. But the resulting plot blinks, because every
line appears just after "cairo_context->stroke()" for every path.
Is there any way to draw the drawings on some invisible thing and
show them all at once?
   Igor Gorbounov