Fancy GUI

Hello list,

What's my best bet for creating something like the following ...

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul06/images/focusritesaffiresoft_l.jpg

I'm literally thinking of chopping up that bitmap to make a UI. I've
seen mention on planet.gnome.org of toolkits designed for this sort of
work floating around Gnome land I'm sure, but if GTKmm can do this
sort of job, its my preference because its nice.

Note that all the functionality that wants to go behind the UI is
there to be accessed through DBus, so the UI itself wants to be dumb
and simple.

Cheers,

Gaz