Re: missing member: Gtk::ComboBox->set_has_frame(bool)

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 13:46 +0100, m. radzewitz wrote:
> * On Thu, 06 Dec, 2007 13:00 CET Murray Cumming wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 11:57 +0100, m. radzewitz wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > comboboxentry1 = Gtk::manage(new class Gtk::ComboBoxEntryText());
> > > comboboxentry1->property_has_frame().set_value(false);
> > >
> > > the ComboBox still shows up with a frame around it. In Gtk::Entry (and others)
> > > both memberfunctions work as described:
> > [snip]
> >
> > Yes, I don't see any difference when using this in examples/combobox/.
> > But I don't know what I should expect to see.
> >

> attached a png just to show the difference of this property.
> The first combobox has no frame, the second one has a frame.
> It's really nothing more than a visual effect but i like it.

OK, so now we have some more information:
- The effect is only noticeable for GtkComboBoxEntry, and not for
GtkComboBox.
- The effect is only noticeable in some themes. I don't see it in
Clearlooks (the default) but I do see it in Glider. I don't know what
theme you are using.

I tried changing examples/book/comboboxentry/text/ while using the
Glider theme. I did see the effect.

In general, I suggest that you don't change the defaults unnecessarily
(such as if the HIG suggests it). Your users will thank you if you
generally try to keep your application consistent with other
applications.

www.openismus.com