Re: undefined symbol in .so file

inbox_pub earthlink net wrote:
> I am new to GUI programming, so I need some help to get going.
>
> I installed from source the following code on Fedora 7 Linux:
> libgda-3.0.1
> libgdamm-2.9.7
> libgnomedb-3.0.0
> libgnomedbmm-2.9.5
> and installed the dependancies.

Hmm, Fedora 7 is still based on libgda 1.9, so you're going to have to rebuild all sorts of things, and generally have a miserable time. I would recommend to move to the recently released Fedora 8 test 1 which provides libgda 3.0. At the very least, I would try to recompile the F8t1 source RPMs on F-7.