Re: Gtkmm application style

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 21:12 +0200, Bernd Robertz wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I got a small problem. Not a big thing I hope.
>
> Everytime I write some code and add widgets, the widgets are looks like old gnome apps.
> Buttons are really box-like-buttons.
> In the documentation there are screens (in the gtkmm-book for example) with nice rounded
> buttons and nice "modern" status bars and so on.
> But my widgets are still box-like, nothing rounded and looks a bit "old" (should I say so?)
>
> So what went wrong with My apps? Surely it's not a real problem, but of course I want to be
> up to date with the look of My apps.

its all a question of the theme you are using on your desktop. many
people use Clearlooks or a derivative of Clearlooks, which provides for
a rather nice, modern-looking appearance. whatever you choose to use,
these details of appearance are not up to your app, so you're not making
any mistakes there.

--p