Applications compiled w/ VC++ 2005 failing

Well, per the instructions on the gtkmm website, I grabbed the
installers, everything went fine. I put together a little Hello World,
following the instructions. I compiled it. Wonderful. Except.. when I
go to run it, it fails to initialize. The debugger spits out a tasty
message along the lines of

failed to probe gtkmm-2.4d.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002

The only other message referencing this on the list.. was trying to do
a debug build with the release dll. I'm using the debug dll with the
debug build. So, everything should be fine? Right? No. What's going
on?