UIManager and dynamic menus

Hi list,

I've been working with UIManager quite a bit lately and I've come up
against two issues that are fairly related.

What is the 'UIManager' way of having dynamic menus. I need this when
adding a list of recent documents to the File menu or when creating a
list of windows for a View menu.

I've looked at the merge operations presented by UIManager, but they
appear to be a bit heavier weight than I would expect for something
like this.

If this merge/unmerge functionality is the way to go, does someone
have a good example of doing this.  I'm fairly certain I get the
basics, but having a good example is always nice too.

Thanks,
Paul Davis