Re: jpeg and gtk

Bill,

I just checked what mine looked like.  Make it look like this instead:

$ cat /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libpng.pc

prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${exec_prefix}/include

Name: libpng12
Version: 1.2.8
Libs: -lpng12
Cflags: -I${includedir}/libpng12

Paul

On 9/25/06, Paul Davis <pjdavis engineering uiowa edu> wrote:
Bill,

What does this command give you?

$ pkg-config --libs libpng

If it says something like:

"-L libdir@ -lpng12"

You've found the culprit.

If it do, to fix it go find where you copied libpng.pc to (I assume /usr/lib/pkgconfig)

Open up that file, and replace @libdir@ with /usr/local/lib

Then do the

$ ./configure
$ ./make

And it should fix this problem. Hopefully.

Paul

On 9/25/06, Bill Cunningham <billcm charter net > wrote:

> Bill, why can't you first install any normal modern Linux distro, and then
> try to compile from source library after library NOT putting them in
system
> directories ?
>
> I've been observing this list for a number of months, and nobody has
difficulties
> like the ones you have, as well as nobody feels as free as you do to
change things
> in system directories.
>
> --Sergei.

    Well I install this to usr/local. The only things I put in system
directories like /usr is the autotools, a new ncurses, cpio and zlib. All
the gtk things I put in usr/local.

Bill