Re: Copying Gtk::TreeRow

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 00:24 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Another random question.  I'm trying to figure out how to copy a row
> in a TreeStore.
>
> That kinda looks like a dumb question...
>
> I'm also trying to do this without compile time type information.
>
> I've been staring at
>
> template< class ColumnType >
> Gtk::TreeRow::get_value( int column, ColumnType& data ) ;
>
> http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1TreeRow.html#9b1db0af89cc50bb0b16a1daf8d5c5e1
[snip]

If you know the type at runtime then you can call the appropriate
version of this method, using an if/elseif/else or switch block, such as

int val = 0;
get_value(0, val);

or

Glib::ustring val;
get_value(0, val);

You could instead use the generic Glib::Value type, with the
not-really-public-API Model:get_value_impl(), but you would still need
the if/else/etc block to get an actual type out of that Glib::Value.

www.openismus.com