Re: Problems in win 98 and more

The current versions of gtk do not support Win98 anymore. You'll have to switch
back to a previous one, typically 2.6. It's a problem with fonts and unicode,
and as far as I know it's not going to be solved :(
Regarding the distribution, you should install in your source machine a runtime.
Once you have a directory properly setup with all the gtk/gtkmm dependencies,
you should tell your installer to copy that directory to the target machine
(even as a subdirectory of your application directory), set the PATH variable
to point to the bin subdir of that branch, and voilá. It's really
straightforward, no registry entries, no registration, it's enough if that
directory is present in the system and the PATH knows it. You can also make a
stub to avoid setting the PATH in the global environment: write a C/C++ program
that sets it temporarily, execute your program and exits, and make that your
main program ;)

Leandro.