Re: window is not shown

Hello,

> I'm curious.  What is the reason that you're calling Main::iteration()
> instead of Main::run()?

In the example I could have used 'Main::run()' but I have not thought of it.

In my project I want to have the control in the program flow, not in the gui.
There I have a class 'UI' which gets events from the program flow. The ui itself contains all gtkmm parts. If I would use 'Main::run()' instead of 'Main::iteration()' I have to let the UI take over the control.
Example:
game starts
+- player 1 has to play a card (AI)
|  `- calculates, calls 'Main::iteration()'
+- player 2 has to play a card (human)
   +- ask UI to return a card
`- trick full
   `- wait for UI

With the UI in control it would be something like this (or a mix of both)
Window
+- game starts -- tell 'Game' to start itself
+- ask player 1 for a card, give it to the game
|  `- calculates, calls 'Main::iteration()'
+- ask human (by graphical interface) for a card, give it to the game
+- tell the game to close the trick

So there is no way to get rid of calls of 'Main::iteration()' while the computer is calculating as far as I know.
I prefer the first version, it is simplier in my opinion, and it is less work to change the user interface (I plan to add a text based one).

Greetings
Diether Knof