CellRenderer questions

Hello,

I'm currently trying to get to grips with Gtk::TreeView. I've been wrestling with the docs for a good few hours now and I haven't quite come out with what I need.

I'm wanting one of my columns to contain both a check-box and some associated text. I also would like another one of my columns to contain both a graphic icon (PixBuf or whatever) and some text.

I'm struggling to find the information in the docs on how I would go about doing this -- i.e. how well do CellRenderers handle arbitrary-ish column types in a model? What can and what can't be used as a column type.

Also, I'd like to be able to colour the background of a particular row in my TreeView. Is this possible? Pointers appreciated.

Kind regards,

Edd