Re: Adjustment problem

I think I've got a patch thats compiling right now, but I'll have to
wait and see.

I recommend building using jhbuild, it makes everything pretty simple,
the first build takes awhile cause it builds all the dependancies it
needs, but its fairly automatic.

I'll let you know when this is done if it worked

Paul

PS I wasn't paying to much attention to gmail's outgoing message format, my bad.

On 10/31/06, Amadeus W.M. <amadeus84 verizon net> wrote:
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:44:45 -0600, Paul Davis wrote:

> This definitely looks to be a bug in gtk+ so far.
>
> Doing the follow is a work around:
>
> int main(int argc, char * argv[])
> {
>    Gtk::Main m(&argc, &argv);
>
>    Gtk::Window w;
>    Gtk::Adjustment adj(25, 0, 100, 1, 10, 10);
>    adj.set_value( 25 ) ;
>
>    Gtk::SpinButton spin(adj, 1, 0);
>
>    w.add(spin);
>    w.show_all();
>
>    m.run(w);
>
>    return 0;
> }

Of course, one can set_value() explicitly, but I have dozens of spin
buttons. I guess I don't have a choice for Friday, do I? And probably
easier than rebuilding the packages anyway.

> I'm not entirely clear on how gtk+ properties work, but what I'm seeing in
> gtkadjustment.c is that the gtk_adjustment_new function is passing the
> values to the g_object_new as properties.  But when get/set_value is called,
> its using member variables of the gtkadjustment structure.

I saw that g_object_new is being called, but I didn't dig beyond that.

> I've added a couple lines to gtk+ to try and see if setting the structure
> values along with the property values will fix this.  After its done
> compiling I'll write to say if it worked or not.

If it does, a patch would be nice. I downloaded the source and I'll try to
do it myself.

> And if it does we'll have to register a bug with the gtk guys.
>
> Paul

By the way, which gtk+ is gtkmm-2.10.2 wrapping? I imagine it's
gtk+-2.10.2 but there is also gtk+ up to gtk+-2.10.6.

And if I rebuild gtk+, I have to rebuild gtkmm as well, and what else?

P.S. Are you posting to this list in plain text and HTML?