Re: Error when firefox runs from application: (firefox-bin:15068): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get():

> But at the most I get the following error:
>
> (firefox-bin:15068): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value
> has wrapped in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)

This isn't an error, its a warning.
May it be, that your app behaves like you expected remains running only
if firefox( or iceweasel ;) ) is already running ?

Since I never did something like this, I can only offer two links:
http://gtkmm.org/docs/glibmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/group__Spawn.html
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Spawning-Processes.html

and a guess that your should look into the manpages of fork() and exec()

MfG Maik