Re: problems with motion notify event

oedipus wrote:
Hi,
I include with glade a motion_notify_event into a drawing area. I want to
track my mouse movements and show it on a pointer at some rulers. But
somehow it is not working. I thought the motion_notify_event is used to
catch any signals on motions, so also the mouse or?
I also read in another post something about Gdk::POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK.
How is that working and how do I include it? Thank you in advance :)

Hi,

you can't use a Drawing Area to catch such events! Use a EventBox to catch the Events and add the Drawing Area to the Eventbox...

Regards

Alex

--
Alexander Gehlert - Intern
reply to : alexander gehlert raritan com

Raritan Zwickau
Software Development
Scheringerstrasse 1
08056 Zwickau