Re: hal++ announcement

On 11/26/06, Milosz Derezynski <internalerror gmail com> wrote:
However going with that i don't want to add too many dependencies to the base lib itself nor do i want to directly impose API onto people for stuff they might figure a better way for, or one that suits them better, i don't want to include boost stuff into halcc itself (we use boost a lot in BMP,  but this situation is different; it's not like i don't like boost, it's just about keeping the library rather slim).

I'll let the list know about major changes/additions to the library (so far no one except for you seems to be interested however i'll still keep posting :P)

I'm interested in libhal++. unfortunately at the moment I have no real project on queue to give it a try.
As for signals - I would say "one lib to rule them all". Using Boost must be as natural as STL, and it's signals are really well designed & cool. For me it's a disadvantage of gtkmm and the rest that they something else instead of boost.signals.
We must develop new libs, implement _new_ ideas and not waste time, resources and end-users learning time on different implementations of the same idea.

--
WBR, Pavlo Korzhyk
ICQ#155870780