Re: Find out if a widget or window is =?iso-8859-1?q?actually=09visible=3F?=

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 09:18, Toralf Lund wrote:
> I suspect that you did not understand my original question. I want to
> know if the user can actually see the widget, not just if it is
> theoretically visible in the sense that it has been shown via show() and
> not subsequently hidden via hide(). In other words, I'm looking for a
> call that also returns "false" if for instance the widget is covered by
> a different window.

I have already explained that Gtk::Widget::is_visible() does this, and that
you can get greater information about whether a widget is fully or partially
obscured by connecting to the Gtk::Widget::signal_visibility_notify_event()
signal.

If this does not work for you then you must be doing something wrong.

Chris