Re: can we override the drawing method of Gtk::Style

ya i had compiled with --enable-api-vfuncs=no option. now it is working

i agree with u regarding performance. I had tried a theme engine in gtk+
but i could not understand the object system of gtk+.

i m more of a OO programmer & prefer C++ over c, this was the basic
reason for doing that. any ways i will have to measure the performnace
in both cases

thanks for the help

On 5/24/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 19:11 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 19:01 +0530, Yogesh Arora wrote:
> > class NewStyle : public Style
> > {
> >         void draw_box_vfunc(const Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Window>& window,
> > Gtk::StateType state_type, ShadowType shadow_type, const
> > Gdk::Rectangle& area, Widget* widget, const Glib::ustring& detail, int
> > x, int y, int width, int height);
> > };
>
> This does look a correct virtual function override.
>
> Are you using a regular installation of gtkmm? Or are you maybe using a
> custom-built version of gtkmm that was built with
> --enable-api-vfuncs=no ?

Please also note that, though I would like to investigate any problem
with this, I doubt that it's a good idea to implement a GTK+ theme
engine with gtkmm. Theme engines need to be very fast very often.

Usually, when someone says that GNOME is slow, they are using some
strange theme engine.

A few extra function calls don't make any difference in an application
that spends most of it's time waiting for the user, but you might notice
it in a theme engine. However, I haven't tried it, and guessing is no
way to do optimisation.

www.openismus.com

--
Thanks
Yogesh

Dont be intimidated by impossibillity.... be motivated by possibillity!