gtk_widget_class_install_style_property

I am working on an application where I would like to specify some additional style information in the rc file.  From looking at the GTK+ documentation it appears that using gtk_widget_class_install_style_property() is the way to do this.  However, I can't seem to find much about doing this in GTKmm.

It doesn't appear that gtk_widget_class_install_style_property() is wrapped in GTKmm.  So, I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to use it.  First, one of the parameters to this function is of type GtkWidgetClass.  How do you get the GtkWidgetClass from a c++ Gtkmm class?  What about a class (say FooButton) that is derived from Gtk::Button?

This thread answers some of my other questions but not quite everything.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-August/msg00129.html

An example of how this is all done in GTKmm would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kent