Re: Gtkmm and C++ book

hello,

if you recommend any good C++
book that points to object orientation and could serve as a C++
reference, too. I've read a C++ book (Brazilian one), but it is
superficial on many points, and I'm reading Design Patterns (Gamma)
now.
Do you have any other suggestions?

If you are looking for a printed book, I strongly recommand the mythical
"C++ programming language" from Stroustroup.

If you are looking for online books, "Thinking in C++" from Bruce
Eckel is a good choice. You can get it from mirrors listed at
http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html#HTMLFormat .

As usual, the option of the printed book is the better if you really
want to grasp the
fundamentals of the language.

Hope this helps,

Dodji.