Re: Removing Widgets From Gtk::Table

Steven,

The way I see this, the Gtk::Table::children() method should be used "read-only".
It's just a convenient way to loop through the children of a structure that wouldn't
otherwise be linearly ordered.  I, personally, gave up on using this method completely,
having realized that it's far less useful than one may expect.  Thus, I maintain my own
partial list of children for those of them that I intend to remove and subsequently
re-add.

Glad the bug report has been filed.  Hope we'll know the rest of this story before
long.

Regards,

Nickolai

On 5/16/06, Steven Cote <steven cote gmail com> wrote:
> I've had a similar problem.  IIRC, I fixed it by removing things from the
> Gtk::Table object directly, via Gtk::Table::remove, rather than from the
> auxiliary Table_Helpers::TableList one.  Try it.

That did the trick, thanks!

Having said that though, does that mean that the
Table_Helpers::TableList interface just doesn't work? Or was it just
never intended to be used in the manner I was attempting (using the
Table_Helpers::TableList::iterator to remove specific widgets from a
table).

Should a bug be filed?