Re: Menu popup

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 22:54 +0100, Mickael Drean wrote:
> See that you have a menupopup in which you have submenus. I could have
> until 100 submenus but I don't want to see them in one time. I only
> want to see 10 by 10 element.
>
>   I'd like to have something like :
>
>       ^
>    Elem0
>    Elem1
>    Elem9
>
> Am I clearer?

This time I understand what you mean.  This is the kind of thing one
would see when opening a ComboBox that is too big for the screen - it's
automatically resized and gets these scrolling arrows at the top and
bottom.

To force it to be a certain size and have the scrolling arrows, I think
you would have to hack the GtkMenu class itself, and add this
functionality.

However, I would suggest that you rethink your user interface is there
not some way you could categorise the options, so that the user
navigates a tree instead of having to choose from such a big flat list?

Alternatively, the closest easy thing to what you're asking for would
just be to pop up a dialog with a TreeView+ListStore in it.

Hope to help,
John