Objective-C glib wrapper

Hello,
I'd like to ask for comments on writing an Objective-C glib wrapper,
analogous to glibmm. I have a few questions:
- Is glib designed for this (and if yes, isn't it only for C++?)? How thin
can the wrapper be?
- Should the wrapper use glib API, or should it interact with lower glib
machinery?
- Where could I start? I've seen glibmm package uses some *.ccg/*hg
templates to generate C++ wrapper, could I use the same tool?
- Would the overhead be anything to worry about?
Any additional thoughts on this idea appreciated.

Best regards,
m.