Fwd: pointer of functions - what a confusing things :-)

sorry, forgot to copy this message to this list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma gmail com>
Date: Mar 9, 2006 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: pointer of functions - what a confusing things :-)
To: "thom_schu gmx de" <thom_schu gmx de>

On 3/9/06, thom_schu gmx de <thom_schu gmx de> wrote:
> Hi,
> since I was not able to get the Gtk::TreeView working under Windows (linker
> error), I decided to write my own Wrapper for a Gtk+-TreeView-Object.
> The Event-Handling of my new class MyTreeView should work just like the
> Event-Handling under Gtkmm.
> Now I do it like this.

[snip]

> The method on_row_activated is not a member-function, and this I think is
> very dirty - but I didnt find a way to give the CALLBACK() a
> member-function. Isnt there a way to do it like this :
>
>  CALLBACK(&MyTreeView::on_row_activated) ?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> gizmo

This is what the entire libsigc++ library used by gtkmm solves (i.e.
sigc::mem_fun(...)).  However, I would highly recommend that you try
to get TreeView working instead of attempting to re-implement it.
I've never used gtkmm on windows, but there certainly are people here
that do.  Perhaps if you posted detailed information about your
problems using TreeView on windows somebody on the list could help you
get it working, or maybe we could uncover a bug in gtkmm in the
process.

Jonner