Re: pointer of functions - what a confusing things :-)

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 08:46 -0600, Michael Ekstrand wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:27:51 -0600
> Bob Caryl <bob fis-cal com> wrote:
> > thom_schu gmx de wrote:
> > >The method on_row_activated is not a member-function, and this I
> > >think is very dirty - but I didnt find a way to give the CALLBACK() a
> > >member-function. Isnt there a way to do it like this :
> > >
> > > CALLBACK(&MyTreeView::on_row_activated) ?
> > >
> > Use the macro G_CALLBACK.

please, this is the gtkmm-list. there is no need for this kind of stuff.
just implement on_row_activated() - its a virtual method of anything
that inherits from TreeView, and is automatically called when the
"row_activated" signal is emitted at the C level.

why are you trying to use C level signal connections when gtkmm offers
much easier (and typesafe) methods to do this?