Re: gtkmm tutorial license / FDL

On 3/2/06, halbtaxabo-debml yahoo com <halbtaxabo-debml yahoo com> wrote:
> reasonable person. It's not worth wasting
> any time (that might more usefully be spent
> documenting something ...) on trying to
> persuade authors to agree to change the
> license on their work to something that meets
> Debian's ideological-purity standards.

For what it's worth, my question / suggestion had nothing to do with
idealogical purity, as I've not really taken the time to dig deeply
into the FDL and determine whether it's problematic or not.  My
suggestion was put forward for purely practical reasons (i.e. keeping
the documentation in the main Debian repository).  But that said, I'm
fine with waiting to see what the outcome is before we spend any time
or effort trying to get the license changed.

Jonner