Re: gtkmm tutorial license / FDL
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma gmail com>
- Cc: "gtkmm-list gnome org" <gtkmm-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gtkmm tutorial license / FDL
- Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:32:00 +0100
On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 12:45 -0600, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> I've noticed that there's currently a lot of talk in the Debian camp
> about the FDL, and it seems likely that all documentation that's
> licensed only under the FDL will be removed from the main Debian
> repository (see http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001).
Let's see what the result is. This is a bit too dull for me to follow in
detail, but it seems unnecessary/excessive to me.
Anyway this is a question that the GNOME Documentation team are already
considering. I'll happily use whatever they recommend.
> It would
> be a shame if the gtkmm documentation had to be removed because of
> this (although presumably it would still be available in the non-free
> Are any other authors / contributors interested in dual-licensing the
> tutorial to work around this issue?
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev