Re: signal_timeout vs loops (changing label text continuously)

On 6/28/06, Gezim Hoxha <gezimetc shaw ca> wrote:
Bob, that helps me implement a thread, which is great, but I also want
to understand what threads are and how they work. How do they relate to
forks and so on. Is there a book or something I can read to understand
this further.

Thanks,
-Gezim

I haven't really read through it all, so I'm not sure how good it is,
but you might start at wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_%28computer_science%29

There's a list of references (books and online material) at the end of
that article as well, if you're interested.  Otherwise, I'm sure you
can find decent information by searching google for terms like
threads, threading, multi-threading, tutorial, introduction, etc.

Jonner